Blog of a bonsai amateur and tree lover

...om mina bonsaier och andra träd

torsdag 6 juni 2013

Rhododendron and davidia involucrata


I have been to Göteborg for a short visit. I am glad I had the opportunity to see the botanical garden in this time of year, now I have seen the rhododendrons in bloom.






It was also the right time to see the handkerchief tree (Davidia involucrata var. vilmoriniana) in bloom.



But I must hereby declare: The well organised, well cared for, neat and tidy plantings of the botanical garden, the fantastic colour compositions, the spectacular handkerchief tree - it was all beaten by the experience of the "azalea valley" in Slottsskogen (close to the botanical garden). I had never been here before, but it was totally surreal:











To walk in this forest, with the  great oak trees high above, and be surrounded by these flowering bushes on all sides - it's not really possible to describe, must be experienced!


1 kommentar:

  1. En liten eftermiddagshälsning till dig.
    Hoppas allt är bra.
    Jättefina bilder!
    Må så gott och kram!

    SvaraRadera