Blog of a bonsai amateur and tree lover

...om mina bonsaier och andra träd

tisdag 19 maj 2015

A day out


On Saturday I went out with the Bonsai society for yamadori. We do it every year in May, we have made it into a tradition! This year we took the chance to walk over an area where there are plans to make a ski slope (easy to get permission to dig up trees there). The view is over the lake Tavelsjön.



It looks a little like somebody has left garbage bags in nature... but this is instead our findings, with their roots wrapped in plastic bags! There are mostly pines, but also one spruce (to the left) and I know one birch was also found, but it's not in the photo.




I took this pine. Not very big, not very spectacular...

And when I came home and had to take out soil and tools and pots -  my hands already dirty -  I decided to dig up two trees from the ground and put them in their pots. The first for this year. Two salix.







Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar